Friday, March 14, 2014

Petal Pillow

I made a new pillow for my daughter's room last week . . . . 
a little purple to tone down all of the pink!
 This is the dogwood blossom pillow from Stitched in Color -- a really fun project!   For the petals I used an old Amy Butler print, and the background is Kona Snow.  It measures 18x18.

For the back I did a simple envelope closure, using up more Amy Butler scraps.

I'm entering this project into the Pantone Radiant Orchid Quilt Challenge, in the Mini Category.  There are so many beautiful projects linked up already!

8 comments:

  1. You have a very cute pillow to add to the other cute ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a delight and you have added piping which I have still to master that takes in up a category and makes it look so professional. Best of luck with it in the comeptition

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love it! I am sure your daughter does too. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! Love how you used the contrast print for the fourth petal : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty - I bet your daughter loves it! Thanks for playing along with the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that dogwood flower shape! And the soft purple print you used is so beautiful! It looks great in your daughter's room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how pretty! I bet your daughter is throughly enjoying this pillow :)

    ReplyDelete